For today birthday cards, I will share how quick it is to add some colors without spending time to color. The stamp sets are Piece of Cake and Artisan Textures.
How this all started is, I need about 2 dozen of birthday cards at last minutes and I wanted to use the stamp set Piece of Cake. Well just stamping the cake and stand without coloring it look a little unfinished. So I started to look around on what I could use for quick color. BOOM the Artisan Textures was on my desk. Then I got the baby wipe out added a few drop of Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight ink and Voila! I have a some cheerful colors on my piece of cake.
Baby Wipe Technique
- The baby wipe technique been around for long time but I understand for some this is new. If you are not sure how to use the baby wipe technique I have a video from 2014 you can CLICK HERE to watch.
Step by step
- Place a moist baby in a tray or flat plate
- Add drops of ink. For today card I added Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo. I cover about 2½ x 2¾ surface of the baby wipe so it cover my surface of the background stamp.
- Use the ink baby white like you use your ink pad.
- Using the bold background stamp in Artisan Texture, tab on the inked baby wipe then onto your piece of whisper white cardstock. *I did over 80 cards using the same piece of baby wipe I just needed to re ink about 3 time. In between each time that I stamped I didn’t wash the stamp. I tried to ink about in the same spots to keep the colors bright.
- Let dry
- Then stamp the cake stand and the cake using memento ink.
- Whisper White 8½ x 5½ score at 4¼ card base, 2½ x 3
- Melon Mambo 2¾ x 3¼, *punch out the Everyday Label punch in the center, it will not show it will be cover with the stamped layers
- Basic Black 5½ x 1¼
- Daffodil Delight 5½ x 1-1/8
Here some extra layout ideas. Same color just different layout. Below it is on watercolor paper and I use the aqua painter to mix the colors. That would a take to long to make 80 cards, well the long part would a been the drying time.
Supplies for the Birthday Card
You can purchase all of the supplies I used for today project by clicking on the product image below ↓ Also you will need baby wipe and a try of flat plate. For the baby wipe get the one WITHOUT lotion.
Thank YOU for your support and business.
All order of $50.00 or more before tax and shipping place on my online store with Hostess Code KEUZBSEZ will qualified for this month projects download.
The PDF’s are design by Frenchie’s Team and the Passport Pals.
If your order is between $40 to $49 and you enter the hostess code you will received only one PDF, the one design by Frenchie’s Team.
This month PDF include 13 cards and one apple box.
PDF include all measurement, instruction, supplies list, individual pictures.
All qualified order will receive the download by e-mail in less then 48 from the time the qualified order is place. CLICK HERE to shop.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards and I will send you both PDF.
Have a lovely day!