Today it is the Simply Succulents Two For One. That is the correct die-cut one background die and make 2 cards with that die-cut. It is so simple to add the colors with the Blending Brush.
I share this live on Facebook during Create On The Fly last month or so. I have the recording HERE if you miss it or need to re watch it.
Tips for the two for one Simply Succulents
- Die-cut the background succulent on 5½ x 4¼ Shimmery White card stock.
- Place the die-cut card stock onto a card base. This is play as a mask.
- Using 3 different colors inks with the Blending Brush, brush each color randomly. (I have 2 combos below)
- Remove the Die-Cut that we used as a make and Voila you have a colorful card base front. The die-cut mask applies to another card base Boom you have another colorful card.
- This is like the negative and positive.
You will see in the video this is so simple to make two cards with only one die-cut and have a colorful pattern of succulents.
Die-cut on the card front
So simple just adhere the die-cut to a card front and add the elements.
Color Combo #1
This is the combo of the above cards. I did this one just before the video.
The blending colors
It sure looks like the die-cut is on this card but it is the results of the blending brush with ink after we removed the die-cut. So pretty with the succulents pattern.
Color Combo #2
This is the combo that was done in the video. I as the viewers to name their favorite colors and these were the first 3 colors that I saw in the comments. WOW, that turn out great.
Tips For The Clay Pot
- Terracotta Tile for the card stock to die-cut the pot.
- Using Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blend had the shadow at the bottom.
- Wet the pot you can use a spritz bottle or painter brush with water.
- While it still wet use a marker and draw the crackle lines. Why when it is wet? While it is wet it will indent in the cardstock and give the true look of a crack on the pot.
- Let dry and use a marker to get the crackle darker.
- All is explained in the video also how I adhere the succulents.
I just love how this looks like I have the die-cut on top of the card but it is no die-cut just the negative.
Inside I use the Old Olive and Highland Heather for the stamp image.
- Basic White 8½ x 5½ score at 4¼ OR 11 x 4¼ score at 5½
- shimmery White 5½ x 4¼, scrap for the die-cut for the greeting
- Terracotta Tile for the pot 2 x 2
- Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow scrap for the succulents
Tip Video For The Simply Succulents Two For One
Supplies for today project
You can purchase all of the supplies used for today’s project by clicking on the product images below ↓ Or you can click ADD ALL to Cart, this will add all the supplies to your shopping cart. Then you can remove the items you do not need. The ADD ALL to Cart Option makes it easier and you will not have to go back and forth to my page. Don’t forget to EDIT your cart as needed. If you need additional items, you can also click continue shopping and add them to your order as well.
Thank YOU for your support and business.
All orders of $40.00 or more before tax and shipping placed on my online store with Hostess Code SMGU3RJ4 will be qualified for this month’s project’s download. The PDF is designed by Frenchie’s Design Team. For all orders of $40 or more before tax and shipping with the hostess code, you will receive the PDF by email.
This month’s PDF includes 7 projects featuring the Zany Zebras.
All qualified orders will receive the download by e-mail in less than 48 hours, from the time the qualified order is place. CLICK HERE to shop with me.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards and I will send you the PDF by e-mail.
All who purchase the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle or join my team will receive the PDF download for all 15 cards. YES, fifteen cards step-by-step instruction in the download for all cards in the picture. The PDF is NOT for sale. It is a group of demonstrators that combine projects and we are NOT selling these downloads. The download will be emailed to you in less than 48 from the time that you release your order from my site HERE.
Have a lovely day!
The greatest compliment you can give me is a referral to a friend. Thanks in advance!