Today it is a little bit of boy scout training. How to make a square knot or some call it a reef knot. This knot is perfect with the Come Sail Away suit. I love this knot with the Braided Linen Trim on the Come Sail Away card.
Before I get started I want to give a big shoot out to LeAnn Skinner for the inspiration. Thank you so much, LeAnn to share with our team.
I have the video below or you can view it on my YouTube channel.
- Crumb Cake 11 x 4¼ score at 4¼ card base
- Night Of Navy 5-3/8 x 4-1/8, 4¼ x 1, 4-1/8 x 3-1/8
- Come Sail Away designer paper 5¼ x 4
- One small card from Come Sail Away memories and more
- Braided Linen Trim 2 of 7″
Step by steps
This is simple but to be honest, the best way to learn it is to watch the video. I will give it a shot to explain in words.
- Fold both pieces of the Braided Linen Trim in half.
- Hold one in your right hand and one in your left hand. Both of the loop facing each other.
- Take the right loop pass in under the left one.
- Take the ends of the left trim and pass it under the right loop that you just pass under the left.
- Pull and Voila! you have a square knot or some call if a reef knot.
Well if I got you all to confuse, don’t worry I have a quick video below and I am sure you will get your square knot done while watching the video.
Closeup view of the square knots
In both pictures, you can view the know closely. These are perfect with the Come Sail Away Suite. Thank you LeeAnn for the inspiration.
How to make a square knot video
Supplies for today project
You can purchase all of the supplies used for today’s card by clicking on the product images below ↓ Or you can click ADD ALL to Cart, this will add all the supplies to your shopping cart. Then you can remove the items you do not need. The ADD ALL to Cart Option makes it easier and you will not have to go back and forth to my page. Don’t forget to EDIT your cart as needed. If you need additional items, you can also click continue shopping and add them to your order as well.
Thank YOU for your support and business.
All orders of $40.00 or more before tax and shipping placed on my online store with Hostess Code TTXFWDQF will be qualified for this month’s projects download. The PDF’s are design by Frenchie’s Design Team. Order of $40 or more before tax and shipping with the hostess code you will receive the PDF by email.
This month’s PDF includes 6 masculine cards (A Good Man)
PDF includes all measurement, step by step instruction, supplies list, individual pictures.
All qualified orders will receive the download by e-mail in less than 48 hrs, from the time the qualified order is place. CLICK HERE to shop with me.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code, you will receive all the stamping rewards and I will send you the PDF by email.
Have a lovely day!