I will share how to make a half barn door for horse in the barn. Using old stamp and die with new set for a perfect match. The Barn Door and Let it Ride stamp set are the perfect combination. I love how this turn out.
I have the video at the bottom of this post and also you can find it on my You Tube channel. Note that the video is quit longer then my typical video. I share many tips along the way and show you from start to finish, on how to make this awesome card.
- Basic Gray 11 x 4¼ score at 5½ card base, 2½ x 3½ door frame
- Cherry Cobbler 4 x 5¼, 2 of 1 x ¼ score at ½
- Crumb Cake 5-1/8 x 3-7/8,
- Basic Black 3½ x ½ this is for the support of the bottom portion of the door, scrap for the hardware
- Whisper White 5¼ x 4 inside, 2½ x 2½ for the horse
- Wood Texture 2½ x ½ rectangle Stitched framelits
How to make the Half Door
All is show in the video and here a little detail.
- Onto the 5¼ 4 cherry cobbler stamp the barn door about 1″ from the bottom
- Die cut with matching die
- Sponge around the door with white ink for weather look
- stamp the door again on the back, it will show when we open the door
- Cut the door in half
- emboss with Pinewood folder, the cherry cobbler piece that you cut out the door out off.
- Tap the black ink pad on the top of the emboss surface.
- Using the door die cut out the basic Gray for the framing and adhere around the opening.
- Adhere the door in the opening all show in the video.
The horse is stamp on thick whisper white and color with stampin’ blends and hand cut.
Now the question is: how many recipient of this card will try to open the top door? Oh! maybe we can slide a special memo there to found out if they open the door.
Inside I just stamp the wood look from Timeless Textures stamp to flow with the barn look.
How to Video
Supplies needed for today card
You can purchase all of the supplies I used for today project by clicking on the product image below ↓ Thank YOU for your support and business.
All order of $50.00 or more before tax and shipping place on my online store with Hostess Code 9QXMRPHX will qualified for this month projects download.
The PDF’s are design by Frenchie’s Team and the Passport Pals.
If your order is between $40 to $49 and you enter the hostess code you will received only one PDF, the one design by Frenchie’s Team.
This month PDF include 12 cards with some variation of fold. PDF include all measurement, instruction, supplies list, individual pictures.
All qualified order will receive the download by e-mail in less then 48 from the time the qualified order is place. CLICK HERE to shop.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards and I will send you both PDF.
Have a lovely day!