Today is all about the Prized Peony simple way to color them. Many times we see a detailed stamp and get scared about how to color them well today it is simple coloring. I bet you will give look at detail stamps differently from now on.
Color wash to color
This is the easiest watercolor technique. Here the detail
- Stamped the peony on Shimmery White cardstock using Versamark and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Place a drop or two or ink onto a clear block of Rococo Rose, Old Olive, and seaside Spray.
- Using the water painter and ink color inside the embossed image. The emboss will keep the color inside no worry to go offline. Just don’t over squeeze the water from the paintbrush.
- On the outside of the line of the flower, I color a little Seaside Spray just for a shadow.
I do have a video with the Good Morning Magnolia and craft ink. Click here if you want to see it in action.
For the background, I use the Drybrush stamp set with Gray Granite ink.
- Rococo Rose 11 x 4¼ score at 5½ card base, 1¾” circle
- Gray Granite 5¼ x 4
- Shimmery White 4 x 4 to stamp the flower then die-cut, 5¼ x 4 inside, 1½” circle
- Very Vanilla 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Stamping with marker and color with Wink Of Stella
This is the easiest one to add color. If you stamp with just one color then use an ink pad. For this big peony, I wanted the leaves, stem, and flower indifferent color so I used markers. If you are not sure how to use your markers to stamp CLICK HERE for the Stamping 101 with markers. After you stamp the flower color with Wink Of Stella. The darkest color will bleed the color so it will add color to the white or vanilla. This was stamped on Very Vanilla.
- Very Vanilla 11 x 4¼ score at 5½ card base, 4 x 4 to stamp the peony then die-cut
- Cherry Cobbler 5¼ x 4, 1 x 4
- Basic Black 5-1/8 x 3-7/8 emboss with Old World Paper 3D embossing folder
You can purchase all of the supplies used for today’s project by clicking on the product images below ↓ or you can click ADD ALL to Cart, this will add all the supplies to your shopping cart. Then you can remove the items you do not need. The ADD ALL to Cart Option makes it easier and you will not have to go back and forth to my page.
Don’t forget to EDIT your cart as needed. Also, I have the list for each card separate to view just click on the card image below. If you need additional items, you can also click continue shopping and add them to your order as well.
Thank YOU for your support and business.
All orders of $40.00 or more before tax and shipping placed on my online store with Hostess Code NZEXSDKM will be qualified for this month’s projects download. The PDF’s are design by Frenchie’s Design Team. This month I “Frenchie” designed the cards.
Order of $40 or more before tax and shipping with the hostess code you will receive the PDF by email.
This month’s PDF includes 9 cards (3 simple cards and 6 fun fold cards) Showcasing 3 designer paper the In Good Taste, Forever Greenery, and Peony Garden.
PDF includes all measurement, step by step instruction, supplies list, individual pictures.
All qualified orders will receive the download by e-mail in less than 48 hrs, from the time the qualified order is place. CLICK HERE to shop with me.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards and I will send you the PDF by e-mail.
Don’t forget about my “Frequent Buyer Rewards Program” Track your purchase and earn a free stamp set of your choice, or Sponge Dauber Case. For all detail and track sheet CLICK HERE. You are responsible to track your own purchase.
The greatest compliment you can give me is a referral to a friend.