Rain or shine, this fun set Under My Umbrella and the little rubber boots is a perfect card to send sunshine in the mail. Very simple to make the boots look like they are rubber, with a simple layer of fine-tip glue or crystal effect.
How to make the boots look like rubber boots
This is very simple just need to be patient to let dry the glue. Here the step by step
- Stamp the boots using memento ink onto whisper white thick card stock
- Color with stamping blends. One pair I used Daffodil Delight and the other Poppy Parade stamping blends.
- You can hand cut the boot first or after you apply the glue. the choice is yours.
- Place the boots on the silicone craft sheet.
- Apply a layer of fine-tip glue or crystal effect. The crystal effect has the little glitter in it, so the crystal effect will give the look of glitter rubber boots.
- LET DRY. This will take an hour or more. It all depends on the climate of your room. Here in Texas, it takes longer then it would in Wyoming due to humidity.
- After it is dry add to your card.
I share how to make these cute little rubber boots in one of my lived videos. You can click here to see it in the recording. All supplies for both cards are listed at the bottom.
Measurement top card
For the top card with the red boots. Note that the boots look more orange then red. that is due to the crystal effect change the color.
- Whisper White 11 x 4¼ score at 5½ card base, 4¼ x 1, scrap for the greeting and boots, 4½ x 3¼ emboss with the Beads & Bubbles folder. Take note when adhering the emboss piece does not make the same oops then I, the fat part of the drop should be down and the skinny part facing up.
- Pleased As Punch Designer paper 5½ x 4¼ and punch out one umbrella and handle from the designer paper. Hand cut the little flowers from this paper to adhere on top of the boots.
- Balmy Blue 4-5/8 x 3-3/8
Measurement for the yellow boots card
- Whisper White 11 x 4¼ score is 5½ card base, 4¾ x 3½, 3 x ¾, scrap for boots.
- Seaside Spray 5-3/8 x 4-1/8 emboss with the Scipty 3D folder, 4½ x 3½ emboss with the Beads & Baubles folder *Take note when adhering the emboss piece do not make the same oops then me, the fat part of the drop should be down and the skinny part facing up.
- Daffodil Delight punchout one 1-3/8 of the scallop circle and cut in half got the sun, scrap for the little strips for the sun rays.
- Pleased as Punch designer paper punch out one umbrella and handle.
I challenge you to make this type of card for no occasion. Just send “Just Because” card trust me you will put a smile on someone’s face. It is an amazing feeling to get a card just because without any special occasion. We surely don’t need to wait for a special occasion to send a smile in the mail.
Are you accepting my challenge?
You can purchase all of the supplies used for today both cards by clicking on the product images below ↓ Or you can click ADD ALL to Cart, this will add all the supplies to your shopping cart. Then you can remove the items you do not need. The ADD ALL to Cart Option makes it easier and you will not have to go back and forth to my page. Don’t forget to EDIT your cart as needed. If you need additional items, you can also click continue shopping and add them to your order as well.
Thank YOU for your support and business.
All orders of $40.00 or more before tax and shipping placed on my online store with Hostess Code PRVAQWKW will qualified for this month’s projects download. The PDF’s are design by Frenchie’s Design Team. Order of $40 or more before tax and shipping with the hostess code you will receive the PDF by email.
This month’s PDF includes 7 cards. The theme is Spring Time.
PDF includes all measurement, step by step instruction, supplies list, individual pictures.
All qualified orders will receive the download by e-mail in less than 48 hrs, from the time the qualified order is place.
CLICK HERE to shop with me.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code, you will receive all the stamping rewards and I will send you the PDF by email.
Have a lovely day!