Time to pull your markers and a clear block to add color to the Garden Shed. This is is a easy technique for the one that don’t like to spend the time coloring but like to add color to a detail stamp set. I will show you how simple it is in today video.
You can view the video below in this post or on my YouTube Channel.
I try a few different combo. Here some of the combo that I am sharing today.
- Pretty Peacock, Soft suede and Seaside Spray. My favorite combo.
- Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Gray Granite
- Old Olive, Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay and Crumb Cake
You can make any color combo of your choice. when you scribble on the clear block I recommend that you start with the lightest color to the darkest color.
Clear Block Technique Set by Step
- scribble 3 to 4 colors using markers into a clear block. Start with the lightest to the darkest. E block was used for today card.
- Using the spritzer, spritz water onto the colored block.
- Press the block onto watercolor paper. Keep pressing for about 20 second.
- Let dry
- Using memento black ink, stamped your image. I used the stamparatus to stamp so I could stamp a few time to get a dark image.
I try different color combo. Pretty Peacock and Seaside Spray. Gray Granite and Bermuda Bay. Whisper White and Basic Black.
- Card base 11 x 4¼ score at 2¾ and 5½
- Color Layer 5¼ x 4
- Watercolor paper or thick whisper white 5 x 3¾
- Whisper White 5 x 3¾ inside if using a dark color for base
I try this technique on watercolor paper and on thick whisper white card stock. What I experience the whisper white thick cardstock tense to warp. To stop the warping, you can spritz water into the back of the paper. Using the heat tool heat the back of the paper then the front and keep doing it a few times and it will straighten the paper.
The watercolor paper you’ll get a deeper color due to the cotton in the paper.
If you ask me what do I prefer, I would say watercolor paper but are good just my personal choice for the deep colors.
How to video
Step by step for this fun clear block technique with marker.
Supplies for today cards
You can purchase all of the supplies I used for today project by clicking on the product image below ↓
Thank YOU for your support and business.
Retired Stamp Sale Open To All
The retired stamp sale is Now open to all. All detail CLICK HERE.
Don’t Miss Out the Download of the 18 cards with Feels Like Frost
Tomorrow is the last day to qualified for the download of the Feels Like Frost. 18 cards with ¼ pack of designer paper. CLICK HERE for the detail
All order of $40.00 or more before tax and shipping place on my online store with Hostess Code V6CAU7V9 will qualified for this month projects download. The PDF’s are design by Frenchie’s Design Team. If your order is $40 or more before tax and shipping and you enter the hostess code you will receive the PDF by email.
This month PDF include 6 cards, each cards are a different fold.
PDF include all measurement, step by step instruction, supplies list, individual pictures.
All qualified order will receive the download by e-mail in less then 48 hrs, from the time the qualified order is place. CLICK HERE to shop with me.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards and I will send you the PDF.
Have a lovely day!