How to make your own Faux Leather cover for a note book. I share faux leather technique way back in the springs and also on Splitcoaststampers. It is one of the technique that I say you have to try it to see for yourself how real it feel and look like leather.
- Note book is 5 x 7
- Cardstock soft suede for the faux leather is 10¾ x 7-3/8, score at 5-1/8 and 5-5/8
- Inside flap 2¼ x 7-3/8 *I used Specialty designer paper that is retired I would recommend soft sued cardstock
How To, Faux Leather Technique
If you wish to have the corner rounded it is very important to round the corner before applying the mixture.
- in a spritz bottle, mix 1 part glycerin for 3 part water
- Shake till the water and the glycerin are well mix.
- Spritz on both side of the cardstock till it is saturated.
- Crunch the wet cardstock and if needed spritz more mixture.
- Smooth the cardstock and hang to dry *24 hours or more
- After it is dry tab soft sued into the cardstock.
- Voila! your have your faux leather.
Onto the inside flap, apply tear and tape at the top and bottom edge and only on ONE of the long side. Adhere to the inside of the faux leather cover. Trim 1/2 off the edge of the note book cover and top and bottom,cut diagonal. This is a must so it will slide in and out when open and close. See picture below.
I also tie a piece of copper trim and a button at the bottom to mark a page.
This look funny but it will not show when you slide it into the flap. It need the space to slide in when closing.
This would make great Christmas gift for coworker and such. They are so beautiful in real life.
Supplies to make the faux leather
Here is the list of the Stampin’Up! product that I used for the faux leather. You will also need some Glycerin. The note pad that I use for today project is a 7 x 5 spiral bound.
All order of $50.00 or more before tax and shipping place on my online store with Hostess Code K2H6RRYH will qualified for this month projects download.
The PDF’s are design by Frenchie’s Team and the Passport Pals.
If your order is between $40 to $49 and you enter the hostess code you will received only one PDF, the one design by Frenchie’s Team.
This month PDF include 13 cards, 4 fancy fold and one to hold nuggets. PDF include all measurement, instruction, supplies list, individual pictures.
All qualified order will receive the download by e-mail in less then 48 from the qualified order is place. CLICK HERE to shop.
If your order is over $150 DO NOT enter the hostess code and you will get all the stamping rewards and I will send you both PDF.
Passport Pals team.
In the USA CLICK HERE to shop with me.
Have a lovely day!